Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Fictional Story: Guess who's coming to dinner the ex-girlfriend 4/17/12

 












Great Lakes












Detroit, MI












Wichita, KS


Matt Campbell had moved from Detroit, Michigan to Wichita, Kansas. He left behind an old girlfriend named Ashley Morgan. Apparently, Matt never called Ashley to break off their relationship. Matt relocated to Kansas and is now married to his wife Rebecca Campbell. Matt and Ashley were once in love with each other. They had gotten engaged when they were 18 years old. Matt and Ashley were the perfect couple who everyone thought that they would have a perfect life together. He was voted homecoming king in high school, and she was voted homecoming queen in high school. Ashley never forgot about the intimate conversations that Matt and her had with each other. They have been to the mall, spent many hours just chilling by the lake, and they even drove on road trips to Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Texas, and Kansas. Ashley was the type of woman who could sense when things were wrong. She was the ex-girlfriend that knew Matt better than he knew himself. The one thing that she never expected was that Matt would take off and leave town.


Matt’s wife never met Ashley and Matt never told his wife about Ashley. Matt never thought that his old girlfriend Ashley would look him up and find out where he moved to. Ashley happened to come to town because she had a best friend who lives in Kansas. Ashley found his number when she looked it up in the phone book and had a chance to talk to Matt’s wife on the phone and they had a good long talk on the phone. She told Rebecca who she was and that she was Matt’s ex-girlfriend and how he took off and left the state of Michigan.


Ashley responded to Rebecca on the phone, “I will be in Wichita for 2 weeks.”

Rebecca replied, “You know what I will invite you over for dinner, I’m sure that Matt won’t mind.”

Ashley answered, “Are you sure, I hope that it won’t be any trouble.”

Rebecca responded, “Of course it won’t be any trouble because Matt won’t mind at all!”

Meanwhile, Matt was trying to figure out what he could do at work to try and miss Ashley. Matt was going to have to face the woman who he had jilted at the altar 25 years ago because Matt probably had a good reason. Matt came home from work and his wife told him the good news that she invited his ex-girlfriend over for dinner.

Matt responded, “Rebecca honey, how come you invited Ashley Morgan over for dinner?”

Rebecca said, “So that you and Ashley can get reacquainted and maybe give her an honest answer on why you bailed on her like you did.”

Matt replied, “I never told her that it was over because I didn’t want to break her heart and I didn’t know how to tell her that it was over.”

Rebecca answered, “Well, you’re about 25 years too late for that and she will be here soon. You better hope that Ashley forgives you Matt because if she doesn’t you will be a single man and I mean it.”

It was dinner time and Matt and Ashley had a chance to get reacquainted. Matt was looking uncomfortable because he made a big mistake 25 years ago the moment he fled to Kansas after Ashley had waited for him to show up at the altar.

Matt was thinking out loud, “I never would have dreamed that I would be having dinner with my wife and ex-girlfriend at the dinner table in the same house like this.”

Ashley confronted Matt about dumping her and never calling her or giving her a reason for leaving her the way that he did.

Ashley responds, “You have hurt me for what you have done and yes it bothered me for so long because we were close and have been through a lot together but no phone call just tell me why.”

Matt answers, “Ashley I am going to be honest with you because If I don’t what I have done to you will happen to me. I wasn’t ready to get married at that time, I was scared, I didn’t know how to face you, and the reason that I never called you was because I never wanted you to think that I didn’t care about you because I did.”

Ashley replied by saying, “Well, you could have at least called me and tell me this and not take off like a child.”

Matt responded, “I know, and I am so sorry that I hurt you the way that I did. I was a fool and I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.”

Ashley said, “You know what I really wanted to tell you off, but you are still the same old Matt Campbell, you still know how to make it up to people and I admire that about you.”

Matt replied, “And you’re the same Ashley Morgan who know me better than I know myself. Whenever you're in town again you can look me up and maybe me and my wife can have you over for dinner and maybe we can talk about the good old days.”

Ashley answered, “That would be nice, I would like that friend.”


Matt and Ashley were able to resolve their friendship and Matt and his wife were relieved. Ashley went back to her friend’s house in Wichita and Matt and his wife were happy that everything worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fictional Story: Father & Daughter Duo Idea of changing and improving social media 9-24-19 (My Last Fictional Story)

  Jeff Anderson 63, and his daughter Elizabeth Anderson-Phillips, 37 have come up with a plan how to improve the once attractive user social...